Tuesday, October 5, 2010

WINGED VICTORY - 1943



This isn't a cast album, so I'm a little loathe to type this up; I've typed it up, so I might as well. There a couple solo's on here. They are fine. Most of it is chorus stuff that is quite melancholy. This was really a Moss Hart play with some music added. It takes place, you guessed it, in the air force division. It seemed everyone wanted their own THIS IS THE ARMY. So they got it. It lasted for a while and was very successful, recorded in Hollywood as well. I won't listen to this just to hear the songs, but the record (with Song of Norway, and Up in Central Park) is a nice send back. I'll listen to the other shows presently. I'll just this as a separate show, not the whole album.

Grade: C (but the album so far is a solid B)

No comments: