Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Welcome!

After spending entirely too much time reading other people's blogs, I've decided to dive into this world.  I'm not a great writer, often can't spell, and I have a hard time getting my thoughts down in words so starting a blog was never at the top of the 'to do' list.  However, since I listen to show tunes so much I wanted to have a place to discuss them and chronicle my adventures in cast albums.  

Big Project #1.  I'm going back in time.  I'm starting around the turn of the century and listen to every recording available working my way forward in time.  I should reach the present day when I turn 100.  No matter.  The purpose of this?  None.  Just curious.  I'm also crazy about starting at the beginning of things.  When I was a kid I collected G.I. Joe Comic books.  I had so many, but I didn't read a single one because I never had #1, and a wouldn't read them out of order.  Crazy?  yes.  That is sort of the reason I want to start at the beginning with the show tunes.  

In addition to Big Project #1.  I'll write about other shows I listen to or see.  Who knows.  I don't expect anyone but the most dedicated musical theater nerds to pay any attention to this.  

Let the listening begin!!

No comments: